Tuesday, July 15, 2014

More of trip, and baking


It used to be that one of my favorite things to bake was muffins.  Now it is bread.  The hamburger buns are so much better than store bought.  G really likes them too. It is so easy when the kneading is done with the stand mixer and I have a "proof" setting on my oven. I have learned that the key is to be patient and let it raise slowly.  



To change the subject, I love looking at clouds.  At one time on our trip, there were clouds like this on either side of us.  We almost managed to get through before the rain hit.




Here we just enjoyed seeing the fluffy clouds with mountains in the background.


Minnesota has between 1000 and 1200 wind turbines to generate electricity.  We past this field, which had at least a hundred.


3 comments:

de-I said...

Bread looks good!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I've only had homemade burger buns once in my life, and they were delicious! I hope these show up on a menu sometime when I'm visiting.

alexis said...

wow, those buns are to die for! I admit though that I really enjoy kneading by hand, though it makes bread making challenging due to the timing.

I've never heard of a proofing setting on an oven - sounds brilliant!