Monday, February 23, 2015

Marie Selby Gardens


                                                                    Today I spent a few hours at Marie Selby Gardens in Sarasota.  The first picture is of a Bay Fig tree.


This is a Rainbow Eucalyptus.  I first saw these in Hawaii and was blown away with the colors in the bark.



The Koi in this pond were all coming to the edge of the pond since they are made to fast each Monday.  They are fed a specific diet and for some reason not fed once a week.


The Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow plant has flowers in three colors.  It starts out purple, then turns light violet and finally white as it dries up.

7 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, I like that bay fig tree.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Wow, I like that bay fig tree.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Very interesting plants. It looks like you are having a good time.

alexis said...

this is in Florida still right? For a minute I was flabbergasted, thinking these were growing somewhere near you guys in February!

de-I said...

Nice pictures!!!!

Gill - UK said...

The bay fig tree is stunning - I think it would fill at least half of my garde

Denise Annemarie said...

Wow -- you take such nice photos!