Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Windshield repair

I am sitting in an auto glass shop as I wait for them to install a new windshield. It seems that a rock hit it on our way back from Florida.  The crack had traveled about 24 inches already.  I am using the time to clear out old emails.  WiFi is great!

On a more somber note, one of my sisters, Marge, is quite ill.  She had a ruptured appendix and did not know it for a couple days. She had surgery but still is hospitalized.  I have not made a decision as to whether to go to Minnesota.  Relatives are great about keeping me informed.  The other family news is  that my Mom is now in a nursing home and will not be returing to independent living.  She is unable to walk on her own.  She is in a neighboring town to Mt. Lake as there are no openings in the nursing home in Mt. Lake.  She is on the waiting list for the local one. 

5 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I am so sorry to her about your Mom and sister. I have purchased several Kindle books on how to age gracefully to read on this trip. It seems to me that your Mom has done that. Give them both my best.

de-I said...

We know all these things are coming to us as we age but that doesn't help when they actually do. Hugs for you.

alexis said...

I am sorry as well to hear about the family double whammy. We all what happens at the end of life but that knowledge doesn't make it any easier all the same I think.

Gill - UK said...

Your Mum has done very well to remain independent for as long as she has - and Marge must be very tough to cope with her illness. Best wishes to them both from us.

Ross Adkins said...

Well, I'm at least glad that you quickly took the time to get your windshield replaced. It would've been more troublesome to drive around with a cracked one. At any rate, I do hope that your mom and sister are faring well these days. I'm so sorry to hear that things were seemingly unwell back then. Thanks for sharing that, Bernice. I genuinely wish you all the best!

Ross Adkins @ Bullseye Auto Glass