Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Cheery Crocus

The other day I noticed the crocus were poking their heads through the straw so I removed most of it. This is what greeted me today.



When warmer weather comes, our upstairs windows are full of ladybugs.  I caught them and took them outside. This last picture shows one on the flower with a honey bee.


The warmer weather motivated me to do research on planting vegetables in the garden.  I made a calendar to help me know when to plant the various seeds.  The tricky part is scheduling the planting so they are not mature when we are on one of our vacations.  

4 comments:

alexis said...

THAT is serious thinking ahead - planting your garden so it blooms during the work week. :)

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

How pretty. In my neck of the woods, it's okay if you'll be traveling when veggies are mature, because there's always someone willing to come harvest and take home the vegetables themselves.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I should add- I invite these people; they don't steal from my garden.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I should add- I invite these people; they don't steal from my garden.