Saturday, September 5, 2015

Shoes, brownies

As I mentioned in the previous post, I decided to go hiking.  When I arrived at the park to join the group, my shoes felt weird.  The soles came off of both of them. Don't know if it was just dry rot or the glue fatigued.  I finished the hike without the soles, but it was quite slippery on wet surfaces.  The shoes fit so well, that I am going to take them to a shoe repair shop to see if they can be repaired.  


That being said, it was a lovely hike in one of our local County Parks.  Next time I will bring my camera.  And hike alone.  You cannot stop to take pictures when with a group.

My garden is producing zucchini at this time, so I am looking for recipes to use them.  I really hate throwing extra into the compost.


The results are two loaves of zucchini bread and zucchini brownies.  Yes, brownies.  They have no eggs so are more gooey that cake like. The flavor is a bit different, but I am planning to frost them with chocolate frosting, which should cover up any unusual flavor.  Am invited to a pot luck Monday with the m/c group.  I won't tell them what is in the brownies until they taste it.  :)   Unless they read my blog.

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Try this website:-
bbcgoodfood.com and put zucchini in the search box - there are more than 270 recipes that include them.

alexis said...

hahahah! I am super keen to hear the results. Will you also send me the recipe for the zucchini bread? It looked quite good! anything to get the kids eating vegetables...

Denise Annemarie said...

I am really late on catching up on your blog, but here are some more uses for zucchini. I did make a zuchhini, pineapple and coconut cake with cream cheese frosting that was really good. I also make zucchini chips (they're so good and healthy too) and even zuchhini pizzas (just slice the zucchini and top it with pizza toppings). What I can't use quick enough, I will freeze to make bread later or freeze it in chunks to add to soup.