Thursday, September 17, 2015

Looking Out My Backdoor

Monday I was reminded of the song sung by Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Looking Out My Back Door".  "Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn."  This is what I saw out my back door:

That is a llama.  I kid you not.  It stood there for several minutes in the middle of the bean field, then walked back into the woods.  I called the Sheriff's Dept, but there was no report of a missing llama. Then I called my neighbor who flies an Ultralight.  Since he flies over all our properties, he knew which neighbor it belonged to.  Have not seen it since so I hope it found its way back home.

Gerry and I are taking a ten week class on writing our autobiography.  Our assignment this week was to make a time line of our lives, specifically showing what the teacher calls "Branches.  That is an event in your life that caused a transition in your life, positive or negative.  Re-reading  old Christmas letters for the past 45 years helped us with that. Then we each are to write a 2 page essay on one of the branches.

4 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Good for you! That sounds like a great idea.

de-I said...

I would find that a huge, huge project because I've not kept much of any documentation of my life until I started to blog.

alexis said...

oh how interesting!!! A really nice exercise and a good reason to write christmas letters!

Gill - UK said...

How can you not miss a llama? Good job you have contacts.