Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cultural activities

Since Hubby is on another MC trip (which I chose not to go on) I have had a busy week.  Wednesday went to a Script Club meeting with staff from the Cleveland Playhouse.  We read the script from "The Crucible" and discussed how they will produce it.  That is a sobering play about the Salem Witch hunts and hangings in the 1690s.  Haven't decided for sure if I will go see the play.

On Friday I drive almost an hour to see a foreign film, Gloria, which was made in Brazil.  It was about a divorced women in her 50s who is trying to get her life back together.  They had a discussion afterwards but it was 9:30 pm and I was tired and had an hour's drive home.  It had great Brazilian music which made it more enjoyable.

On the topic of music, I was listing to Bossa Nova music from Brazil and came across a jazz singer, Diana Krall.  Hubby would have been tearing out his hair, as he really does not like jazz.  I love it.  So it is great that I can listen to an hour or two on You Tube when he is not here.

One more cultural activity - Went to the Playhouse Square and saw "The Secret Garden" today.  They did it as a musical.  I'd give it an eight out of ten rating.  Great actors and singers, but they had a problem with the sound.  The music was much to loud.



5 comments:

Gill - UK said...

One of the joys of retirement - having the time to enjoy these events.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Surprisingly loud performances are one of the many reasons why I keep an emergency pair of earplugs in my bag at all times. Also handy when the dog is barking in the car or when sharing a cabin with my snoring friend R :)

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Wow, you really take in a lot of local culture. We only do that kind of thing when we travel.

de-I said...

I agree with RMG. It really is a good way to get the sound volume to acceptable levels.

alexis said...

omg, you are such a culture fiend!!!