Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Iris Garden

The Iris is one of my favorite flowers. I have make an iris bed on the south side of my house. For the last couple of weeks there have been spectactular blooms. They are starting to fade, but it was a wonderful two weeks.






The last two days were spent with a young woman I hired to help with house and yard work.  We were able to do a lot of weeding and fertilizing of flowers so others should be showing up on the blog soon.  We have an Amish produce auction nearby which has a sale three days a week.  Tonight I bought six hanging pots and three flats.  So more color.

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

They are a beautiful flower! I'm glad you've been home to enjoy then while they bloom.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

They are a beautiful flower! I'm glad you've been home to enjoy then while they bloom.

alexis said...

I had no idea the blooming period was short! Short and sweet at least.

Gill - UK said...

They look great, and your garden bed is very neat and weed free.
Some irises are repeat 'bloomers'. I don't know how long before the second show but I hope you will have some more iris flowers later in the year.