Friday, July 7, 2017

Gerry's birthday

When we were in CA, Gerry was having pain in his back.  It improved while we were there, but a couple day later, it came back with a vengeance.This picture shows how he spent his 70th birthday- in the ER/  He seems ok lying there, but when he sat up or moved some the pain was intense.  The diagnosis is sciatica.  This is one of those things that the doctor cannot say what caused it.  The pain pills did not give him much relief.  It just takes rest and time.  There are some treatments but they are not too promising.  He was better after a few days, so he went to a motorcycle show this weekend. He took our camper so he can lie down when needed.

I have spent my time weeding my flower beds.  FUN.  Today I picked 20 pounds of blueberries.That was more enjoyable that weeding. I will freeze them to use on cereal and in smoothies.



4 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Back pain is not fun!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm glad he's better, and I'm looking forward to eating some of those berries!

Gill - UK said...

What a way to celebrate your birthday!
I'm growing blueberries for the first time this year - I think it will be some seasons before I can harvest 20 pounds - if ever.

alexis said...

our cleaner just got that! He was given physical therapy and was also told it just happens and goes away on its own. But it's very painful.

I wish I could take some of those blueberries off your hands!