Sunday, April 28, 2019

Life is too short to ...

Drink bad wine.  For me, who is not an expert on wine, this is a big deal.  Somewhere last summer I bought a bottle of rhubarb and strawberry wine.  ( I know some of you are gagging).  I opened it last night.  After tasting it, the rest was poured down the drain.  I think when I first started drinking wine the sweet fruity kind was fine.  But no more. This was awful.

Eat bad pizza.  Once recently, when G and I were traveling the the toll road we stopped at a rest stop.  These have very limited food selections.  We ordered pizza.  We looked at each other and said it was like eating cardboard. But, being frugal or German (I don't know which) since we had paid for it we ate it.  But this experience now has become a key phrase for us.  When we are eating or doing something that is not so good, but continue to do it, we remind ourselves by saying, "We don't have to eat cardboard pizza".

4 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Good to see you are always learning :)

de-I said...

I think that should be the mantra you repeat to avoid to over influence of frugality and German influence..."We don't have to eat cardboard pizza" on the in breath. "We don't need to eat cardboard pizza" on the out breath. A form of meditation so to speak.

alexis said...

yes, life is too short for doing something that is causing you misery. Another way of thinking about it is that you paid money and learned an important insight: which in that case was that the pizza at the rest stop was disgusting.

Gill - UK said...

Rhubarb and strawberry wine - I'm sure the fruit can be put to better use.
In the UK - our Motorway Services are not renowned for their cuisine - better to stick to snacks to survive the journey and then find a restaurant that serves a well made pizza.