Friday, May 3, 2019

Bernice's adventure - Day 1

When I learned that G was going on the dirt riding trip with his riding group to the Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia, I planned what I called on our calendar, "Bernice's Adventure".  I had no idea where it would take me, but finally chose Columbus,Ohio.  That is about one and a half hours drive from home.  I reserved a room at an Air B & B.  On the way down I stopped at Otterbein  University in Westerville, Ohio to see an exhibition by the Brazilian artist, Vitor Mizael.   What was displayed there was one wall of stuffed birds hanging from the ceiling by strings.  His work is hard to understand unless you read about what he is trying to say from his works.  Google "Vitor Mizael" to see images of his works. I was unable to see online the exhibition that I saw, so no pictures.

After settling in at the B&B I had dinner at an Italian restaurant, sitting outdoors.  Just like in Europe.  Only problem it was not looking over the beautiful country side, just a street with lots of traffic.  I had to use my imagination. 


Slept with the windows open:  a cool breeze and gentle rain. For me that was  heaven. 


5 comments:

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

Good for you Bernice.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I'm so glad you took this trip by yourself!

alexis said...

time for wine and introspection - sounds like a great idea!!

de-I said...

An awful lot of places we've eaten out-of-doors in Europe and elsewhere have overlooked very scenic roads with autos lol.

Gill - UK said...

You are very adventurous - and you packed your visit with things to see and do - I've never heard of Vitor Mizael - I'll put his name on the end of the list of people I should know about.