Friday, May 10, 2019

Bernice's Adventure Day 3

I have always enjoyed the Franklin Park Conservatory.  I recall going their years ago when they incorporated  Chihuly  glass among the plants. They had one on display now. But the plants are what I love the best.




This "tree" was about five inches tall. 


And of course tropical flowers.

In the evening I attended a production of a play "Waiting To Be Invited". The props were just folding chairs.  It is a true story of three black women who tested the decision of the Supreme Court on integration by having lunch at an all white lunch counter. It never showed them at the counter, instead we were told of their fears of going there as well as what has happened in their lives which motivated them to do this. Very powerful.




2 comments:

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Sounds like you fit in all your favorite things that day!

alexis said...

I love to see through your experiences how rich and passionate the art scene there is