Friday, May 10, 2019

Bernice's Adventure Day two

On Friday evening I had dinner at the Sycamore. It is a "gastropub" in the heart of German Village. Being a Friday evening I had my meal by the bar watching the Kentucky Oaks horse race.


But the highlight of my adventure was attending the Columbus Symphony Orchestra perform Mahler's Fifth.  I copied this description of the concert.

The orchestra brimmed with jubilation through Mahler’s big-hearted finale, which brought more distinguished playing in the horns and trumpets and an exuberant rush to the symphony’s euphoric end.

That describes it better than I can.  The theater was beautiful in it self. 







4 comments:

de-I said...

Love the concert hall pictures! I have to say Mahler is not my favorite composer. But maybe when you are here we can listen to it and you can change my mind.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

I agree, that is a stunning venue! You can't have too much scrollwork or gold in a theater, that's what I always say!

Gill - UK said...

What a day of contrasts - a bar meal and watching the Kentucky Oaks - did you place a bet?
Then a live concert of Mahler's Fifth - fantastic.

alexis said...

those pictures are amazing!