Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday again

Here it is Monday again. On Friday, we had neighbors over for dinner. They live two houses away, but I just recently introduced myself to them and invited them over. As usual I tried two new recipes on them. We had spiral cut ham, candied sweet potatoes with cinnamon and nutmeg for flavoring. Canned pineapple tidbits were added at the end. I found another recipe to try to use some of the large quantity of green beans that I have frozen. For this one, I caramelized onions, then added the frozen beans with vegetable broth and fresh rosemary. At the end I added 4 oz of Brie. (Anyone visiting us in the next year might want to forward recipes to use the beans or guess what will be on the menu when you are here.) Along with homemade bread and brownies for dessert it was a success.

On Sunday, DH, rode his Honda Goldwing in 40 degree weather an hour to take an advanced motorcycle riding course. I was happy to stay home. In the afternoon I saw the movie, Horton hears a Who. A good kids movie, I'd say.

I also purchased two items for my Mardi Gras bathroom. Here are pictures. I welcome comments from my talented readers. I am thinking the lamp is not right. The shade is made of many gold colored paper circles, which reflect the light. I probably will put flowers in the turquoise vase. I am also thinking of painting at least one wall purple, but have to confer with my D-I-law, who is an expert in such matters.































Today, I had an agenda of five things I wanted to do:
1) Laundry
2) Ironing
3) Watch the online web cast that Oprah is doing with Eckhart Tolle. I'm reading his book which they are discussing, A New Earth.
4) Go for a walk
5) Finish taxes which are due tomorrow.

After I post this I will do numbers 4 and 5.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree: the lamp is a different style. I like the idea of just the tall blue vase with a plant in it.

alexis said...

love the blue glass things!!! Did you have those already?

stef said...

I love the idea of a purple wall! I think you should do it. Agreed on the lamp. I love it though, hope you can find another spot for it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael Podolny said...

Very nice decorating - hope you have a bomb shelter to store those when the hoards come for the reunion.