Saturday, November 8, 2008

November 4th and an Announcement

Election day for me was a long day. I got up at 5:00 AM, was at the polls at 5:45 and stayed until about 8:30 PM. We are a rather small precinct, so did not have lines longer that 15 at a time. I am still amazed at the details that have to be followed both at the Board of Elections (where we sent out about 20,000 early ballots) and at the actual voting. At both places there always has to be a Democrat and Republican working on something together.

Now on the to the important part - the results. I was thrilled that Obama won. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I think that Sara P could have ended up as our president. But it was not to be.

Halloween has come and gone. I will at least post a couple of pictures of K the Bee.


This is K with her cousin, M. Note how she loves to hold her, which is good because she needs practice for when her little brother or sister arrives in March. I saved the best information for the last.


3 comments:

alexis said...

oh my god she is adorable - wow, and what news!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee. More children to love/corrupt/shower with books. (Those are my aunt-ly duties.)

Michael Podolny said...

Thanks for making sure all those Republican ballots made it into Lake Erie :)

K is certainly the cutest Bee. But I suspect her attitude to new brother may be different than shown.