Monday, November 24, 2008

Ramblings

The no TV was great. It is now working, but I have read three books and worked on other things around the house. I even listened on line to the Archers which was recommended by my friend in the UK, even though I need to read up on who the various characters are to really appreciate it.

The first round of interviews for the new Executive Director of Faith in Action is complete. The second round with the top three is in the hands of the Vice President. I feel very relieved that my part is over. In this organization you can be very involved if you choose. We are now looking for officers for next year. DH would take away my car keys if he knew I would even consider any such position. In the ten years that I have been involved I have held each of the four officer positions (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer). I really need to give it some serious thought as to how I want to spend my time. Even as I write this, I know that it strengthens the organization to give new people responsibility. They then take ownership.

3 comments:

alexis said...

wow that sounds cool aunt B. And I am floored you have been hooked on the Archers, of all programs. Floored! You have a farmer's heart I see.

Gill - UK said...

Alexis - how do you know about the Archers? Do you pick up the programme on the continent? There is so much diversification in UK farming nowadays and the Archers has to reflect it all! Perhaps Aunt B is enthralled by the social interactions of the residents.

Michael Podolny said...

B - I will email you my standard list of bribes I accept to keep such critical information from DH.