Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12 hours of shopping

What a long day it has been. I left home at 7:30 AM and returned 12 hours later. First I had breakfast with friends ( the ones I complained about in previous blogs). I now can call them on their negative talk. Then I shopped for gifts. The most amazing accomplishment was that I actually found a gift for DH. Usually we give each other IOU's and then never get them. My friend, Mary, had her van in town so I put the gift in her van and she took it home so it really will be a surprise. I had a Holiday lunch at the office of the Board of Elections. They treated all of us who worked so hard there during the election. Then more shopping. I bought some clothes for myself as well as more gifts. Of course I cannot discuss details because of who reads this blog. Then I bought groceries for the upcoming festivities. $260 dollars worth. I told this to RM who said, "I though we were have an inexpensive meal." So I fessed up. I bought three or four bottles of wine, including one of ice wine, which is rather pricey. Also five kinds of cheese, including Bree and Drunken Goat.

So much for my ramblings. On to decorating

2 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

Love Ice wine

Tell RSM that frugality for its own sake like anything else can be taken to an unhealthy extreme.

12 hours! Agh, can't take 3 hours myself.

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I note that we'll only be at your house for 48 hours total. But we appreciate the fact that you've arranged for us to be sozzled the entire time.