Monday, May 11, 2009

I love my woods





When I walk out in my woods, I do not want to come back to the house. I know, some of these pictures may look like last year's but they are not. In addition to the flowers, I saw a little creature. I was going to move a log so I could get across a muddy spot easier and saw the snail.

My son-in- law loves creatures, large and small. So the picture of the snail is for him. I don't have a picture (hope to soon) of another exciting wild life. DH and I were taking a motorcycle ride on country roads yesterday and came upon several cars stopped at the side of the road. People were looking through binoculars and let us use them. We were able to see a bald eagle which has a nest there. This is within 10 miles of our house. I hope to take the tripod and camp out there to get some pictures.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snail picture is very good. What a nice surprise on your walk.

Michael Podolny said...

The country and nature - good

stef said...

Wow- a Bald Eagle! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for that one. I love your woods too. ;)

Gloria said...

It was fun talking to you while I gardened in NM and you in OH. Almost like being in the same place! I love the picture of you and the three little girls in your woods that was taken at the last Family Reunion. Let me know if you don't have a copy of it.

alexis said...

wow, those are magnificent woods indeed! I love snails, unless they are in the garden.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me! Makes me wonder why anyone (I wonder who I'm referring to) would want to live in the city...