Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A new chapter in my life

Monday I notified the Board of Directors of Faith in Action that I would be resigning from the board at the end of this year. I have been involved for over 10 years so am looking forward to spending my time doing other things. But, I have a hard time quitting everything. I am thinking, that I should at least be on a committee or something. I will need to give that some serious thought. I will be sitting on the back of a motorcycle for the next three days. In addition to looking at the beautiful scenery between here and the Monongahela National Forest in West Virginia I should have time for contemplative thinking about how I want to spend my time. de-I, can you meditate on a motorcycle? I could take a nap on the Goldwing, but we are not riding the Goldwing. This one does not wrap around you as much.

4 comments:

stef said...

Wow Aunt B- what a leap! Seems like you have been making many changes in your life (since you started blogging anyway;) I bet that motorcycle trip is just the thing to give you time to sort out your next step.

Anonymous said...

You know, I never could understand how you can nap on the Goldwing. I know it's like sitting in an armchair, but the armchair is speeding along at 60 mph and there's not much between you and the ground. Perhaps you are more relaxed than I am.

Michael Podolny said...

Mediation can be done anywhere and a trip like this will be good for it.

I think you should let it all go. It's time for a new chapter in your life.

alexis said...

of course you can meditate on a motorcycle - that is the art of motorcycle maintenance right?