Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More of the CD trip preparations

I have spend the better part of two days sewing webbing unto plastic clasps that will be used to hold bags on the bike for DH on the Continental Divide trip. He never just buys things- always has to make them. Why? I guess he thinks they are then custom made for his purpose. I was going to say to save money, but with the cost of the supplies and my time we did not save anything. I asked him the question, "Why?" He said, "If I buy things, I modified it anyway to make it better." Always the engineer! :) As an aside, I have always said there should be a support group for spouses of engineers.

For the trip he made a pillow out of foam so it would be really small. I get to make the pillow case. I already made an extra fly to put on top of the tent in case it snows. Yuck, better him than me. It is rather funny because he is such a freeze baby. I am really excited for him. This should be quite an adventure.

4 comments:

stef said...

You are a very good engineer's wife. I don't think I would be so helpful.

Gloria said...

That should be quite an amazing trip! What are you going to do to keep busy while he is gone?

Michael Podolny said...

I'm not sure all engineers are this way. DH may be in class all by himself.

alexis said...

it's fun you're catching some of the excitement! that is a good point on the time vs savings too. Things are just very cheap in this day and age....