Sunday, March 21, 2010

Evening of detours

Last night I planned to go out to a nice restaurant with Gerry. But he noticed that a local church (which usually hosts bluegrass music) had a jam session from 6-11pm. They also usually have hot dogs and such to eat. Gerry and I decided to attend. When we arrived we soon realized it was not bluegrass but many local bands from high schools which meant rock music. So we decided to go to Medina for dinner and come back and check them out. Since Gerry is trying to diet, it was hard to find a suitable restaurant. We finally went to a sandwich shop I love called Dagwoods (named after their famous Dagwood sandwich). But as we were walking to the door at 7:00 pm they were closing. Then I discovered tickets in my wallet for a musical (good for any performance) which started at 8 pm. We decided to attend, but needed a now quick dinner. So we ended up at KFC for chicken. The musical, Big River, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, was by a local theater group. It was great. It is based on a book by William Hauptman, adapted from the novel. Actors ranged from middle school age to adults. So our plans made many detours in short order, but the evening turned out great. I thought it was quite funny each step of the way as things made a detour.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's the way to have fun

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

You know, I wouldn't have even guessed that KFC has diet-friendly food. Live and learn.

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alexis said...

sometimes its good not to have plans!!

de-I said...

I'm with you SRM. But on the other hand, I wouldn't have had the patience to keep altering my plans with each detour.

Stef said...

I love it. I can't remember the last time I had an evening like that. (Well, the last time I went out in the evening either for that matter) But it sounds like so much fun just going with the flow.

Gill - UK said...

Knowing that when a door closes it is an opportunity to go in another direction - tha sounds like a philosophical approach to life.