Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why actual books are necessary

I have been "editing" my stash of books for a fundraiser book sale for AAUW. Luckily I did not get rid of my dictionary. Today I was looking for the spelling of a work and could not get close enough to find in on line so just browsed the actually dictionary and found it. I keep keep getting rid of cook books because I can find wonderful recipes on line. But yesterday a virus did a number on our computer and I had to use a physical cookbook. What to do? (A separate problem is that I am trying so hard to edit stuff in my house but as members of AAUW we have first dibs on the books that are for sale. I will be strong!)

Regarding the computer, it is great to have a computer guru in the family. We just made a quick visit to Shawn and it is up and running. When I got it back home I ran the antivirus program and did locate a virus.

3 comments:

alexis said...

lol, indeed I still love cookbooks but I am modern in the sense I love having a photo of what the meal should look like at the end!

Gloria said...

I love books. The libraries seem to be thriving in this poor economy. The one I go to is always crowded no matter what time I go. On the other hand, I went to two bookstores today. One is a local bookstore called Page 1. They recently combined their used bookstore with the new so I was hoping to find some great buys. The shelves were so bare! The other was the big chain, Hastings. Even their selection wasn't what it used to be. Have you had the same experience in Ohio?

Bernice said...

Yes, Borders does't look too good when I go. Not a lot of customers.