Thursday, March 25, 2010

Saying no hurts

Without going into specific reasons, I (and Gerry on one) decided to say no to three commitments we had previously made. One was just a monthly meeting that I will not attend tonight, another was monthly lunches (Red Hat Ladies) and lastly G and I will not be going on a two week vacation we were planning with friends. I guess you could say "life happens" which I take to mean a person is over-committed. But it was not life that made these choices; we did and now have to make hard choices about them.

I need to do some serious soul searching because I tend to say yes to everything that comes along. I know I will enjoy them but don't think of how it puts stress on me. (You would think by now I would have this figured out? Do I need at life coach at age 65?) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does hurt, even when it's necessary.

And I was sure, after reading the title, that this post was going to be about grandchildren.

Stef said...

Hee hee RM! It's probably a good sign that you are at least catching it and saying no before you actually do the things. I wonder if part of the saying "Yes" to everything has to do with the re-focusing you've been doing with your life.

alexis said...

it's normal to want to say yes to nice things! It is good to know your limits as well.

de-I said...

Yes very hard to accept limits :(