Sunday, June 13, 2010

Two weeks without Hubby

The last two weeks have been both relaxing and exhausting for me. Gerry has been in Utah and Colorado on a motorcycle adventure. I do enjoy my time alone because I can do things on my own schedule. For example, if I want to paint for a few hours from 9 to 11 pm I do. Meal time is not on a regular schedule. I have gone out for dinner with friends, watched a movie (The Blind Side), and done some excruciating hard yard work.

On the subject of painting, I thought I was finished with all but the accent walls, but decided to add a third coat to the bed room walls because if a couple irregularities. Yesterday I purchased plants to put together several planters. The problem is that I cannot move them once they are filled, so have to put them in the final location before filling. See I do need Gerry around. Seriously, it is good for us to have time apart, but I do miss him. In my next blog I will try to post some pictures of his trip.

3 comments:

greta said...

It's so nice to hear someone say they miss their spouse after so many years together. I bet he misses you too.

Can't wait to see all the improvements you are making to the house!

I miss you both...

alexis said...

yes, I echo those sentiments - lovely that you guys miss each other after two weeks.

de-I said...

Funny. Most of the time when Glo and I are on our own home we just hunker down and don't do anything until the partner comes home.