Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My week

On Sunday Gerry flew to Oshkosh Wisconsin for the EAA Air show. It is now called AirVenture. It is a week long event with up to 800,000 people attending and 12,000 airplanes. A neighbor has a small plane and asked him to go along. The flight is about two hours. Many years ago he flew his ultralight from Kankakee, Illinois to Oshkosh with a group of other ultralights. He spends the days looking at planes, attending seminars and watching the daily air show. As an aside, I think my son in law would love this event. We will get him there some day.

So what do I do when he is gone for several days? I went on a Garden Walk with a friend where we toured 8 gardens and got lots of ideas for landscaping.

One evening I went to a picnic with biker friends. Here is a picture of the bikes, not the friends.
Posted by Picasa
I also mow the lawn, trim, weed in the garden and flower beds. Today I washed the windows and screens on one side of the house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that the picture shows a long row of motorcycles and one tiny plastic trike. That's for the motorcyclist-in-training

alexis said...

omg, my friends from Amsterdam are at AirVenture!!! I wonder if we can get them to meet up?

de-I said...

I agree SRM, loved the trike in the picture.

Gill - UK said...

Do you ride a bike?
You seem to have enough chores to keep an army busy!