Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Geothermal is actually happening

There are no pictures to show what G and I did tonight unless I scan the rather large check I wrote. We actually made a decision on which geothermal contractor to use and placed the order. It should be installed in three weeks. We have been studying about it, talking about it, and getting bids for three years. Now in three weeks it will be in.

Our job now is to complete the insulating and painting of the basement walls. We have them all insulated with polystyrene which we have glued to the concrete walls and have dry wall up on all but half of one wall. G will be finished the mudding so I can paint. It will take primer (one coat I think) then the paint (two coats).

I have two dinner parties scheduled (Dec 3 and Dec 10) so either I will need to be really organized or you can come visit me at the "funny farm".

3 comments:

alexis said...

oh oh oh! How exciting!! My friends who graciously hosted our wedding have geothermal and they love it.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I've been hearing about these deliberations for three years.

de-I said...

I will be very interested to hear how you like it.