Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday update

Today I am taking 8 boxes of things I have "edited" to the thrift store. So far I have not had any second thoughts about the things I have let go. I have sorted flower vases, candle holders, dishes and Christmas stuff. When I am in the basement, I say to myself, "What was I thinking when I bought this?" A lot was from garage sales, but still what was I thinking?

Gerry has pretty much recovered from his trip to China. He really did have his days and nights mixed up, not unlike what a baby does at times. Ha! He talked a lot about the food there: fish heads, eyes, cow stomach, and chicken feet. He is willing to try almost everything. I am sure my cooking is quite boring in contrast.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While Dad was game to try almost everything, I got the feeling that he was happy to have your "boring" food again.

Gill - UK said...

This reminds me that when A. first arrived at Maryland he shared accommodation with a Chinese student, who introduced him to delicacies such as chicken feet - not my idea of a feast!

alexis said...

at least this way if he ever complains about your cooking you have something to say back!

Pulisha said...

I can sympathize about the jet lag, every time we came back from Japan I felt like a complete zombie! Glad to hear that he enjoyed China. I, for one, actually like chicken's feet, but there are many things I tried in China that I would not be willing to eat a 2nd time, lol!

de-I said...

I've known a lot of US business folk who go to China on a regular basis that tell me feeding the round eye food they know would be considered weird here is quite the pass time among Chinese business folk.