Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain

For the last two months it has rained 8 out of every 10 days. I have managed to mow the lawn two times which is more than some people have been able to do. But it has been impossible to plant in the garden or to do any landscaping projects. I have been able to spray thistles and do some weeding and G helped me put some edging around my garden shed where I have a perennial garden. I should not complain however, since my livelihood is not being threatened as it is for all the farmers. They are weeks behind in getting crops planted.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send some of that rain over here. We've got a rainfall deficit of between 6 and 16 inches (depending on who you talk to).

alexis said...

I was just thinking the same thing RM! If you can believe it, they are worried about drought HERE! In the Netherlands!

Gloria said...

We could use the rain here in NM too! Today's paper announced restrictions to use in the national forests. So far the trails in the Sandias are still open. A couple of forests are closed completely because of the high fire danger.