Monday, July 25, 2011

Road trip

Today I drove 400 miles-am currently at a Super 8 Hotel for the night. All went well, but driving through Illinois, (Chicago and north) was a bear. On the Skyway it was about 10 mph for an hour and then there was construction north of there. Fortunately it was early afternoon so I was not overly tired. The disappointing part is that I seem to miss the scenery because I am concentrating on the lane I am driving in. I have never used my computer away from home before so had to set up the wireless, but got it to work here. For most of you reading this, it is old hat for you. Tomorrow I have about 5 hours driving. I should mention that I am driving to Minnesota for my Mother's 90th birthday party on Saturday.

2 comments:

alexis said...

Alas, we found that there was a choice between good scenery and good progress via the taking of freeways. Not so many freeways in the midwest are also beautiful.

de-I said...

I was wondering why you were driving there again. Welcome to the collective of road warrior internet users :)