Friday, July 22, 2011

Staying home where it is cool

We too are enjoying the heat wave that is covering most of the US. I mowed the lawn first thing this morning, the main part that is. The trimming will be for another day. Gerry is spending three days at a motorcycle show. I was invited, but 90+ degrees and no shade did not appeal to me. I did tell him it did not mean I do not love him. Instead I am trying to wear out my clothes washer by washing several throw rugs. I will buy a new washer and dryer in the next week. I think the research is completed. I am going with a "bottom" of the line" instead of "top of the line". All I want it to do is wash and dry the clothes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was recently reminiscing about how my love of reading is the only way I survived a childhood of motorcycle shows and motorcycle races.

Gill - UK said...

Hopefully some of the hot weather will move across the pond in the next few days.

de-I said...

Like most devices today. What the heck do they think people are going to do with all these features. I swear it is a bunch of geeks who never actually use the appliances.