Saturday, January 30, 2016

Talking with strangers

I am reading a book about JOY and one thing the author encouraged you to do was to talk to strangers.  Today I went with a friend to the theater where we saw a streaming from the Metropolitan
Opera.  We saw Turandot by Puccini.  It was great as usual.  My friend and I had extra time before it started so we stopped at World Market.  In the checkout line I started talking with the man behind me.  He has worked as a commedian and speaks 5 languages. He could talk with great accents which he demonstrated to us.  It was just a special treat.

G is at the IX Center in Cleveland at the International Motorcle Show.  The joke here is that I tell him, "You can look at any woman you want but not at a motorcycle, because you bring the motorcycle home ."  He is late coming home and I am worried.  Just kidding.

5 comments:

alexis said...

both Rob and I had a good laugh at that second comment!

de-I said...

Worried that he's late because he's figuring out how to get the motorcycle home?

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

I have been reading books about happiness too - must be our stage in life! I'll have to try that one.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

What is the name of the book?

Bernice said...

Gloria, the book is Joy in Every Moment by Tzivia Gover.
Most of the ideas I have heard before. So I guess I would not suggest you run out and get it.