Thursday, January 21, 2016

Writing about one's life

Gerry and I were students at a 10 week class where we were given direction in writing our autobiography.  It concluded in November.  Gerry got into this project much more than I did.  Our assignment was to write on a topic and share two pages with the group.  Some weeks he would write up to 10 pages.  He carries his note pad with him and if someone makes a comment that reminds him of something in his life, he makes a note of it and then is up at the computer for hours writing.  He has had long conversations with his siblings to learn what they remember.  A second session of the class has started and he is attending again.  I decided not to take the second session.  He says he doesn't know if it will end up a published book or not.

I am trying to do less this year.  So decided to not take take the second class and I have dropped out of one of the clubs I was involved in. But don't worry, my calendar is still full.  I am trying to exercise three or four time a week.




4 comments:

de-I said...

I'm in agreement about doing less, not more and being more aware and appreciative of what I do.

adventures and misadventures abroad said...

So when you were taking the writing class and working on your autobiography did you discover anything new about yourself?

alexis said...

I imagine taking it easy for you would still exhaust most people. :)

Gill - UK said...

Doing more less well - not a recipe for success.
Well done Bernice