Wednesday, March 7, 2018

14 of 365 Memories


On Saturday we celebrated the 75th birthday of a friend.  For my gift I made copies of  pictures that brought back memories of things we had done together.  I will share just two.






When RM was moving to Md to start her grad work, she had rented a basement apartment and needed her belongings.  We rented this 20 foot truck because she was bringing a motorcycle. This size was also the smallest size where three people could legally ride in the cab.  My friend, M, myself, RM and a cat (in a pillow case) made the journey together.  M commented that I always called things an adventure.


M and her husband E rode their motorcycle with G and I around Lake Michigan.  On the way we stopped in Kankakee, Ill to visit friends.  It just so happened that they were hosting a "murder mystery " party. We had not brought appropriate attire so we  went to the nearest thrift store where we found just what we needed.   Obviously the theme was of Roman times. 

3 comments:

alexis said...

well maybe in retrospect the truck ride was an adventure!

Renee Michelle Goertzen said...

Riding in that big yellow truck was definitely an adventure, and I remember that you were the only one of us three confident enough to drive it!

Gill - UK said...

What a good present for a special birthday.