Monday, March 12, 2018

16 of 365 Dinner guests

G and I have decided to invite several friends or acquaintance to dinner.  Usually we see these people in a large group  where it is impossible to talk on a personal level. He was in charge of doing the actual inviting.  Somehow he invited people two nights in a row.  I was not happy and complained about it.  Seems it was a good idea.  I only need to clean the house one time and I will be serving the same menu.  They, of course, will not know it.  Only G and I will be having a repeat menu.  In addition to that, the casserole (chicken, rice, peas, carrots and cheese) can be made a day or two ahead.  I will make the dessert ahead which is a bunt cake with blueberries, banana, pineapple and pecans.

.

2 comments:

alexis said...

that cake sounds decadent! I am glad you were able to see the bright side of the situation.

Gill - UK said...

A happy accident - next week you can take a break from the extra work of hospitality.