Saturday, March 10, 2018

15 of 365 Taxes done

Until about three years ago I did our taxes myself.  Well I did use software such as turbotax.  I followed their instructions as best I could.  Then we had some investments where there was depreciation and some other things.  A CPA we were working with found mistakes I had made and it cost to have a revised form submitted to the IRS. We are no longer a client of this CPA so I was back to filing the taxes myself.  I figured it would take me many hours to do it, and then it probably  would be not be correct again.   So after spending 45 minutes with an agency here that does taxes, it is done.  I think I told G six times how happy and relieved I was.   (Just a note about my posts.  I am writing them for myself as well as sharing my life with others.  I know talk about taxes is that exciting. )

3 comments:

Gill - UK said...

For several years now we have had an accountant to sort through our tax. It makes sense to leave it to a professional, giving us peace of mind.

Bernice said...

Yes, Gill. I have learned that lesson.

alexis said...

oh man I need to do my US taxes - it is happening THIS WEEK damn it.