Saturday, October 11, 2008

S'mores

In response to a previous blog, where there were questions from a certain person from the UK, I will expand on what S'mores are and how they are made. I will also use links for the first time, so this posting is a big experiment. There are two links which describe S'mores and Graham Crackers. The Graham Cracker entry at Wikipedia is especially interesting.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%27more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_cracker

I was at a bonfire with a few friends last night and it was a perfect opportunity to take pictures of our S'more making.





The marshmallow is being roasted over the fire. It actually was quite dark, but I had to use the flash on the camera to get a good picture.


After the marshmallow is all puffed up from the roasting, it is place between two graham crackers with a piece of Hershey's chocolate. There is always debate as to how "burnt" the marshmallow should be.

In order to get a good picture I ended up eating at least four. That was two too many for my taste, but I could not let them go to waste and no one else wanted them.

Just a couple of pictures of the friends at the bonfire.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? You didn't use the tray from the pig roaster? I suppose a fire is more authentic though.. :)

Michael Podolny said...

I've always been of the opinion that the marshmallow should be just this side of total carbon.

alexis said...

wow, is it that cold out there already?

Anonymous said...

Smores...yum!