Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fall preparations

The neighborhood picnic went well. We had 8 families come from inviting about 25. I was told that was a good turn out. A few called and said it was a great idea and they would have liked to come but had other plans. I did not take any pictures. I'm thinking we will do it again next year. One of the neighbors has a pig she slaughtered and froze and was looking for a way to roast it. We volunteered DH's pig roaster, with the understanding that we would be invited. So there may be another neighborhood party yet this Fall.

I am concentrating on the usual Fall preparations. I've planted perennials, DH tilled the garden so I could spread compost on the it. That involved loading 1000 pounds of compost into the trailer and then spreading it on the garden. It is half the price if you load it yourself so I saved a whole $20.00. Next is planting tulip and daffodil bulbs.

4 comments:

alexis said...

1000 lbs for 20 bucks savings, somehow doesn't seem like a good deal.

More pig roasting! there is hope yet I'll get over there for one of them.

stef said...

This is maybe why my Husband said that if I ever feel all "farm-y" I should just come down to visit and let you put me to work for a few days to get it out of my system! ;)

Michael Podolny said...

It's good you have the farm to keep you occupied and out of trouble :)

Bernice said...

Alexis, You are right about how much effort was put forth to save $20. But part of the benefit is that I am able to keep my weight at the level I want.