Tuesday, October 14, 2008

In the Work World Again

When I went to the training to be a poll worker on the day of the election, they informed us that they could use extra help in the Board of Elections Office prior to the actual election. This year the State of Ohio has Absent Voting without giving any special reason. They have advertised it a lot because they feared the lines would be long at the polls. So a lot of people have requested absentee ballots. I told them I was interested in working and received a call the same day. I can work 8-11 hours a day and on Saturday too. It is incredible how much hands on work it is to get a ballot out. There are all kinds of controls at each step of the way. I think it will be incredibly expensive because each ballot is handled about 8 times to get it ready to send out.

I started on Friday and have now worked three days. It doesn't take a lot of skill, you just stuff envelopes, file applications and double check all items before sending them out.

I am finding it interesting being in the work world again. Like there isn't a lot of time to get anything else done. Other than being tired, I am enjoying it.

3 comments:

Michael Podolny said...

So if someone was interested in stuffing the ballot boxes we would contact you?

Anonymous said...

And when the election is over, you can retire all over again.

stef said...

Interesting stuff Aunt B. Wonder if there will be issues in your state again this time around? It will be good to have the inside scoop!