Monday, October 20, 2008

Sweetest Day

Saturday was Sweetest Day in Ohio. Rumor has it that is was started by a greeting card company in Ohio. I think American Greeting Cards. Anyway, people in other states apparently do not celebrate it. I decided to work on Saturday, so my DH did something great for me. He got up at 6:30 AM to hook up the trailer. We then went to the recycling place and loaded 1400 pounds of compost for my garden. Any of you who know DH know that he definitely is not a morning person and surely not on the weekend. So for him to do that was a great "Sweetest Day" gift. I then went to work from 9:00 AM to 6PM. In the eventing I unloaded it and spread it on the garden, and then he tilled it in.

2 comments:

alexis said...

wow, and on a Saturday no less!

stef said...

Oh sweet sweet compost. It all makes sense.