Monday, September 7, 2009

Count down to the event

Wow, it has been a CRAZY weekend. After delivering my grandchildren to their other grandparents on Saturday, G and I went to a wedding of a friend's son. The wedding was in church and the reception at the home of the bride. They had set up a very large tent in their back yard. The bride's parents own a flower shop so the flowers were quite spectacular. On the way home we passed our neighbors who had a bonfire going. They have always told us to stop in any time there are out at the fire, so we did. Dave, the neighbor, is quite a story teller. We learn a lot about all our neighbors from him. Maybe sometime I'll post some of the stories.

I have been working on my "TO DO" list for the Pig Roast/Pot luck that is next Saturday. I will not bore you with the items on the list but may be referring to them this week. My dear husband went around the neighborhood and invited a LOT of people. Apparently they like this kind of thing as we have about 140 people coming. It makes me break out in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. But everyone is bringing a dish to share and we are roasting the pig, so there will be lots of food. Two people who have blogs will be attending, so it will be interesting to see their report.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

Two people who have blogs?

http://blog.shawngoertzen.com/
http://stylingwithreneemichelle.blogspot.com/
http://motherocker.blogspot.com/

Or is motherrocker not coming?

Anonymous said...

Can't wait. There's nothing higher on a vegetarian's social calender that attending a pig roast...

de-I said...

140!!!!!

I think DH is losing it in his old age :)

First on the list:

"Kill a pig"

Sorry we can't make this one but what the heck what are two less from 140.

stef said...

Holy cow. 140??? Ummmm. i don't think I can make that many cookies in time. Luckily my family and I are excellent slave labor. ;)

Bernice said...

Ok, I can't count to three. How did I come up with 140? There will be three bloggers.

Pulisha said...

I hope the pig roasting went well. We are so sad we couldn't be there to partake, I have such amazing memories from last time! Be sure to post lots of pictures!