Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The good, the bad (not so bad) ...




When daughter was visiting she did a lot of cooking as usual. She just goes in the the refrigerator or pantry and make something from whatever is on hand. She was in the mood for chocolate chip cookies. When I opened the oven door, I let out a screech. Interesting looking cookies, wouldn't you say? She only put half the amount of flour in, thus the flat results. Actually they did taste ok. We were not about to let them go to waste.



Dinner was a wonderful salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, avocado, greens and toasted bread. For protein, she put a poached egg on top. Yum!



On another day she and I harvested the basil from my garden. You may recall that last year I just sent two large garbage bags full of the plants back to MD with her. This year we made the pesto here and froze it.





Aren't we beautiful in our purple with green basil?


We used all the help we could get!

7 comments:

stef said...

Oh man, I can just imagine how fragrant that basil must have been! Those cookies must have been extra buttery without all that flour in the way...mmmmmm

Anonymous said...

I'm already thinking of new ways to eat the pesto. Last night, for the salad course, we had baked tomatoes topped with pesto.

alexis said...

I cannot get over what a butt-ton of basil that is

Gill - UK said...

Obviously - Gerry was exhausted by all the effort.

Bernice said...

Yea right, Gill. He did not touch a leaf.

Gill - UK said...

But he was probably working out the best approach to helping - brainwork is always tiring!

de-I said...

Holy mackerel that's crap load o basil!

I agree Gerry. That's my idea of helping out with Wife's projects.