Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Today is my 65th birthday. I am spending it with my precious grandchildren. I have three actual birthday cards: From Gill and Frank in the UK, a 11x17 one Kyla made for me. It was a two day project as she felt she needed to keep adding to it, and one from my dau and son-in-law. They sent money to put toward some yard art or statuatury. Husband was very afraid I would get a gargoyle. Maybe I can find one with a smiley face. The other wishes were by email. Thanks everyone.

Tonight G and another friend, Greta are coming over. We will order some takeout. It seems like a better idea than taking the two kids out with us. I've suggested to Kyla that we also get a Dairy Queen cake. We will sneak the leftovers into her parent's freezer.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Dairy Queen cake! To me, there is nothing more midwestern than Dairy Queen, unless it is Jello.

And for the record, Andrew and I like gargoyles, so go ahead and spend the money on a gargoyle.

Happy Birthday!

stef said...

MMMMmmm DQ cake sounds like an awesome way to celebrate.

de-I said...

I'd be so "wow 65" if I wasn't so damn close myself.

Happy B'day and let us know how Medicare is :)

Shawn said...

Gargoyles rule!! You need at least two though, so they can sit on either side of a walkway and scare people off.

Happy birthday again!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you checked the basement freezer for the little surprise we left for you (as instructed in the note we left). We´ll celebrate your big day when Shawn and I get home.
Love Stacey

alexis said...

happy bday aunt G! eat definitely some DQ cake for me :)

Gloria said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Bernice! Sorry I missed the day. I can't believe you are 65 - you certainly don't look it. Give me a call when you have rested up from the babysitting.

Pulisha said...

Happy belated birthday, Aunt B! I hope it was a wonderful day.

I have to agree with RM, nothing says midwest to me like Dairy Queen (must be the excitement of going there whenever we were in Windom). I used to get Friendly's ice cream cake every year for my birthday. Now that we are back on the east coast, I will have to start that tradition back up!