Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wrapup on pig roast


Gerry is attending a three day seminar on "Project Management". Last night he gave me a brief overview and said we should apply the principles to the pig roast. The main points that I got for this application was to 1) do a review of how it went, 2) break things down into individual activities and assign a person to be responsible for that activity, 3)He and I would oversee but not be responsible for the activity. Examples of the various activities are directing parking, setting up games, keeping tables supplied with drinks and utensils, and cutting up the pig (four people are needed, not the two we overworked this year).

As part of the review of how it went, I am making an excel spreadsheet with all of the people we invited and their responses.

Back to the actual day, here are pictures of the activity at 6:30 AM.






Our little helper from Chicago came out to help but found better things to do.

For my friends in the UK, look at this blog at the September 15 posting for great pictures. Sorry,I don't know how to make a proper link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me and I'll walk you through how to put in a link properly. It's only two steps.

Gill - UK said...

If you go on to Blogger Help there is a very brief video about how to make a link. I've tried it and it is simple - as long as you don't make a typing error in the process.

stef said...

Oh my goodness. I'm all for efficiency, but Won't that excel spreadsheet take some of the fun out of it?

de-I said...

I look forward to getting my four pages of instructions with diagrams when we make it next time.

I understand little helper ate the eyeball though.