Thursday, November 12, 2009

Granddaughter visiting

It sure is interesting having a 31/2 year old around for a few days. Her mother and brother flew to Minnesota for the memorial service for her aunt. Her Dad stayed in Ohio and is working during the day. I found out she is quite a backseat driver. Yesterday she kept telling me not to drive into the beach. When we came to a red light she said, "You can turn right on red if you look both ways." She loves trains so noted all the train tracks we crossed. She asked if the trains went in a circle.
I gave her an old cell phone today (not working). With her great imagination, she asked me to take her picture so she could post it on her blog. So, never a dull moment. She woke up before me this morning and was in the laundry room blowing bubbles.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

That is awesome. Hope it wasn't too much of a mess. :)

Anonymous said...

Hah! I love it that she was blowing bubbles all by herself. I bet tomorrow you'll set your alarm a bit earlier, hmmm?

Also, why was she telling you not to drive into the beach?

de-I said...

I'm surprised that she was just doing blogging. I thought at her age she'd be Twittering.

alexis said...

bubbles are as close phonetically as she could get to blogging I guess, under the circumstances. :)

Gill - UK said...

The joys of being a grandmother - I'm all for youngsters showing their knowledge of how the world works to the adults in their life.

Pulisha said...

That is too cute! We are big fans of bubbles in our house, too, but A tends to want to drink them so I have to put them out of reach!