Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doing My Civic Duty

As all of you who live in the US know, today was election day. I again worked as a poll worker. It is a high paying job. I am paid $100 for the first hour and then work the next 14 hours for free. It is a really long day, but I do enjoy it. I have worked with two of the other workers three times now.

I was really impressed with the voters in our rural township. We had 48% of registered voters voting today. Farmers who were out harvesting,took time to come in and vote. They would come in their dirty, torn clothes, but were there.

5 comments:

alexis said...

I am so proud of you! It is so important to vote, and vote informed.

Anonymous said...

What an unusual pay structure. Do you know why they do that?

stef said...

Wow. that seems like a pretty good turn out for a not very exciting election. People must be feeling somewhat enfranchised there. That's a hopeful sign!

Bernice said...

Renee Michelle, I was trying to be funny. I get paid $100 for the 15 hours.

de-I said...

Good for you Bernice. You're a better person than me.