Monday, November 16, 2009

Recap of K's visit

To all of you who have young children, you have my great admiration. I love having my granddaughter here. My expectations are that I will spend most of my time with her, leaving my other projects for another time. Children are such a joy, but a bit tiring to the grandmother.

Shawn posted a picture on his blog of K riding her four wheeler which she calls her motorcycle. I walk/jog beside her when she rides. Actually it is not a difficult as it sounds because she stops frequently to pick every dandelion flower or seed pod that she sees. My job is to carry them so she can put them in a vase in her bedroom. I did convince her to pull the seeds out and watch the wind carry they away. She said the remaining stem was beautiful and put in in the vase.

I left a message for her mother this morning to check her pockets before putting a load in the laundry. I remembered her filling her pocket with rocks. I can't wait to see what her brother will put in his pockets.

2 comments:

alexis said...

how lovely! I remember doing that, but it was usually during soccer games when I was little ;)

Gloria said...

Taking care of grandkids can be very interesting. Yelena is totally enamored with her brother and does not want to leave him alone. It works out well when Stef wants to wake him up! Y wants to ride her bike to the park with me. I have been warned that she goes very fast. No picking of danelions or other plants for her!