Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Deja vu

I recall once years ago that I had to spend time talking with the IRS and having a root canal done in the same day.  Well today I am experiencing  deja vu. I am getting a crown put on (no root canal this time thankfully) and not talking with the IRS, but I have started filling out a 19 page application for tax exempt status for the women's club.  As President this task has fallen to me.    Actually I think I am just less intimidated by it than others.  The funny part is that they ask about activities for the last three years.  That is about how long I have been a member.  They ask for budgets, statements of revenue and expenses and a balance sheet.  All we have is the check register.  We do have a budget  of sorts, but I will be putting the rest together myself.  The  "one size fits all" form is a pain.  Enough complaining - Tomorrow I will write a positive post.


4 comments:

Gill - UK said...

Your a glutton for punishment - retirement should include some relaxation.

Anonymous said...

Booo to government forms. Hope the pain passes quickly.

alexis said...

I'd like to classify that as venting rather than complaining. Sounds better! :)

de-I said...

Agreed Gill and agreed Alexis.

By the way, I can recommend a good bookkeeper/controller type in your family to pull together a balance sheet and income statement :)