Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Great Coffee

Living "in the sticks" as I do, I am very excited that a new coffee roasting enterprise is located about 10 miles from my house. Yesterday when I went to pick up the two pounds of beans I had ordered, he had not roasted them yet.  So I hung around the 20 minutes it took to roast them.  The owner does not sell any beans that were roasted more than 24 hours ago. He has a state of the art roaster which is connected to a laptop which monitors the process and controls the temp at which it is roasting.  The temp actually varies with the type of bean.  My Panama beans were roasted at about 415 degrees (F). He told me French Roast are actually about 25% char(burnt).  So I will have wonderful coffee with the pies I am baking today:  peach, pumpkin, and pecan.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Happy Thanksgiving! We'll be there for Christmas, so I hope you'll have more pies around at that time!

alexis said...

what a great find! I swear some day we will get over there and visit your lovely home in the sticks. If only to have the coffee :)

When you have friends and neighbors from the area over, what do they think of the coffee?

de-I said...

Ooooooo that sounds fabulous. We've had a great, great coffee roaster here for years. Small guy who has a wide following and has chosen to never grow. But now he's for sale so one wonders if the next people will maintain the quality.