Thursday, December 20, 2007

Designer tree




The tree is finally finished. I don't know if it meets the standards of a designer tree, but I tried. But no one can say that it looks like the trees I have decorated in the past. Since this project took so much time, I may not put up the second one that I had last year. At least I am not in a rut.

One photo shows the tree with at least 700 lights. This is an artificial tree and as I put up each layer of branches, I wrapped the lights around them, with lights all the way to the center. Then I made decorative sprays with poinsettias, greens, a gold ornament and gold bow, which are shown on the second photo. And then the final result with as many large decorations as I had, staying with the gold, red and white theme.

On to baking, cleaning the house, and wrapping gifts to put under the designer tree.

Today is our 38th wedding anniversary. Gerry took the day off. We are planning to go out for dinner tonight at Pad Thai. We'll see if I take pictures of the entree like fellow bloggers do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I love the tree! It looks awesome with the 700 lights and gold/red to set off the green. Nice job!!!!

stef said...

Wow. That tree looks amazing AB! (Aunt Bernice) What a difference a designer tree makes- very classy. Happy Anniversary to you both!

alexis said...

happy anniversary you two! Wow, 38 years and still going strong. I bet the new, expanded workshop will guarantee the next 38 will go well too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the tree too. This year I was lucky to put up the usual tree so congrats on your efforts. Congrats on 38 years!

Michael Podolny said...

Happy Anniversary! Cool bows on the tree.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Mom! Can't wait to see the tree.