Friday, January 11, 2008

Entertaining again

Since moving "In the sticks", I have been making an attempt to invite people over. Admittedly, it has not been as often as both G and I would like, but I am working on it again. This evening a friend and her male friend, whom we have not met, are coming for dinner. I have been friends with B for many years. In fact we joked that we were "attached at the hip" for two years when we co-chaired the committee that started the not for profit, Faith in Action. Since I quit working, we see each other very seldom. So I am trying to remedy that. Since I had invited them weeks ago, I called yesterday to confirm, telling her if they were not coming, I was cleaning my house for nothing. Actually, I always say that I invite people over so my house gets cleaned and we get a good meal. Pretty pitiful, I will admit. So yesterday was house cleaning and today is cooking. Maybe my next blog will describe the menu as some of my foodie blogger friends do.

Added to this, G is hosting about 20 of his motorcycle riding friends tomorrow for their annual planning retreat. They plan the riding (both street rides and dirt bike rides) for the whole year. I have learned that I had better get any activities that I want to do on the calendar before this meeting. I am making spaghetti with meatballs and Italian sausage, a salad and bread. They are to bring snacks, drinks, and dessert. As fate would have it, I cannot be here. :) So I will put the sauce on to simmer and G will actually cook the spaghetti noodles.

Styling with RM, once reported that she was actually sitting on the couch waiting for her guests to arrive when she had a party. I have not arrived at the high level of organization and planning, but am striving for it. I am usually in the bath room putting on my make up.

3 comments:

stef said...

The trick is to put on your makeup earlier and then touch it up prior to your guests arriving. (Says the girl that just started wearing it!)

Michael Podolny said...

I like the way "as fate would have it".

alexis said...

the awful secret is most houses would be in a terrible state if not for social obligations. Without periodic parties my house would probably get quarantined for lack of cleaning.